EMPLOYMENT AT TAMPA BAY WATCH
Responsible for the fundraising and communication programs for Tampa Bay Watch. Activities include participation in all aspects of the gift cycle, expansion of fundraising capacity, management of donor relations, cultivating current and soliciting new donors, members, and major gifts in addition to creating timely and effective stewardship.
• Serve as the chief development officer for the organization with emphasis on face-to-face visits to secure funding and through donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Personally manage a portfolio of the majority of the organizations top prospects, developing and implementing plans for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these prospects; maintain a strict personal visit goal of at least 15 face-to-face visits per month with $1,000 plus prospects and donors.
• Develop vision for the fundraising programs (corporate partners, foundations, Guardians, membership, special events, majors and planned giving, etc.) through goal setting and key metrics that drive immediate and sustainable fundraising performance, and regularly assess and communicate progress.
• Manage a 4-person development team and provide leadership and support in areas of direct fundraising, communication, membership and special events and other external relations programs in line with the mission at Tampa Bay Watch.
• Take the lead and work with the President in securing the capital campaign funding (already in progress) for the new Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center. Support all external relations efforts relating to its grand opening (scheduled for February 2020) and ongoing operation.
• Build a robust planned giving program, with emphasis on bequest intentions, through the identification, marketing and solicitation of key prospects aimed to sustain Tampa Bay Watch in perpetuity.
• Identify, manage, and make donor cultivation and solicitation moves for the President, Board of Directors, Director of Education and Director of Restoration.
• Use considerable creativity and imagination in identifying and implementing new programs to dramatically increase membership and overall giving at Tampa Bay Watch.
• Represent Tampa Bay Watch at numerous special events in the community in order to cultivate future and steward current donors.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
The Director of Development position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of fundraising experience or related field. Must be a team player and self-starter with a record of building relationships and closing gifts or sales. The right candidate should be an excellent communicator and writer with computer experience and a working knowledge of donor databases, preferably eTapestry. Must be willing to work nights and weekends. Familiarity with coastal ecosystems is extremely helpful but not required. A passion for the environment highly desired.
Please, no phone calls.
Send or email a detailed cover letter and resume to:
Tampa Bay Watch, Inc.
3000 Pinellas Bayway South
Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tampa Bay Watch Estuary EDventures Internship
Tampa Bay Watch seeks environmental education interns to assist the Estuary EDventures program with Tampa Bay area school field experiences and/or summer camps. Duties of successful applicants will include assisting in the implementation of Estuary EDventures program materials to local school groups and/or summer camps, assisting in service-learning habitat restoration projects, maintenance of educational materials and aquarium exhibits, and assistance with basic administrative duties.
• Seeking or have completed a degree in environmental studies/science, biology, or marine biology.
• Reliable, responsible, take initiative, and act in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
• Comfortable in and around the water, handling marine animals, able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and capable of spending long hours in various conditions in the great Florida outdoors.
• Experience working with kids and/or aquarium exhibits a plus.
• Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certifications are preferable.
Please review the schedule requirements below. Interested parties should send a completed resume and dates and times of availability to Jordan Findley.
Fall/Spring Internship Requirements:
Hours: Two weekdays, 9:00am – 2:00pm
Fall season: September – December (Send resume by: August 31)
Spring season: January – May (Send resume by: December 1)
Summer Internship Requirements:
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Summer season: June – August (Resumes accepted: February – May 1)
©TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
3000 Pinellas Bayway South, Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tel: 727-867-8166 | Fax: 727-867-8188
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. (CH4736) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.